Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Sunset from the back porch. Good bye 2008 !!!


Another year ... Some good .. but some bad.

My 2008 REFLECTIONS

Best words I uttered this year .....

Lets see what this baby will do !!! (Said when I operated my first locomotive/freight train). WOW it was cool.
(Side Note: Then I struck a 19 year old kid/college student south of Waco talking on his cell phone. He lived but it took the WOW out of my first trip)

Worse & Best phrases I heard all year........

Doctor: We have good news and bad news. Good news we did not see a tumor. Bad news is we did not see a tumor. We do not know what it can be but lets run more tests.

(Side note: If more men got breast cancer it would be an all out effort to find a cure & women are stronger than men).

Best feeling all year ......

From my Son: Dad I love you and Thank you for ALWAYS believing in me.

The good news is I have seen Wise County progress somewhat into this century. It still is a "Good ole boy" system but realizing it has to adapt to the ever changing influx of people.

Best advice I received all year was from Barry Green (of all people).

I asked him if he would like to get back involved with local government as a Democrat. Although still a Democrat (and always will be) he said NO. I assumed at that time the scars were still fresh from when he served. It wasn't until later that I discovered that the local infighting would never permit the local party to become united. Good news for republicans.

Okay I am done venting. May everyone who reads this have a Happy and Healthy New Year !

5 comments:

The Accomplice said...

I'm amazed that locomotives are now runned by remote control. The19 year old should have known that the train wins 100% of the time.

mzchief said...

To Collectionsite...
Happy New Year!
Continued health, happiness and prosperity throughout 2009 and the rest of forever.

Epic_Life said...

Wow, I hope the 19 year old learned something. Anything.

Anonymous said...

A very Happy and Blessed New Year to you.
Without the interference of that woman from Chico the party could get united.

Collectionsite said...

Anon please drop me an E Mail. We need to talk.