Saturday, January 3, 2009

Marley & Me and a dog named Truman




My son took me to the movie Marley & Me for our father/son day out. This was one of the most moving movies I have seen for a long time. For anyone who has had a family and a pet they can relate to this story.

Our family dog is named Truman. He is a black Lab and 100lbs of "Burning Love" and exactly like the dog Marley. When Truman decided that I was the person he would give his heart to 5 or 6 years ago he was just a stray that someone dropped off out in the country.

He chews everything he can get his teeth on ..... jumps on me every time I walk in the door .... still cant figure out that whole leash thing.
But .... no matter how bad things get he LOVES ME every time we meet. He whines, kisses, rolls over and just gets so excited. He is the most loyal friend I have. When we hear "Bumps" in the night he is the first on his feet. People can learn alot from pets ..

Last year he decided that he wanted on the jet ski and jumped on the back. I thought he would fall off and swim back to shore. But then I forgot he isn't like other dogs. Now we spend many weekends together riding all over the lake. Once I was stopped by the lake patrol because they didn't know if he needed a life vest?

I know someday he will go to heaven and he will be waiting for me with his stick. I just hope that I remember to bring his dog treats.

Marley & Me .... Good Movie and bring a Kleenex.

No comments: